BMP 035 Work-Life Balance 201: Warning Signs, Mental Discipline, and Management Skills
Work-life balance is a challenge at any stage in a career. This week, BMP host Brent Richardson shares tips and tricks he has discovered through 20 years of corporate work.
Work-Life Balance Tips Discussed
- First, Brent and Jamie share their controversial experience on how travel has impacted their family.
- Next, how to define goals and objectives for your life.
- Third, defining your boundaries are non-negotiable.
- Fourth, how the seasons of life and work can affect your balance.
- In addition, identifying your warning signs.
- Sixth, how to restore yourself with healthy play.
- Moreover, the art of mental disciple.
- Eighth, what to do if your boss doesn’t respect your time.
- Ninth, how to deal with reactive jobs.
- Also, the problem with losing your identity to your title, role, or family.
- Tenth, the problem with scorekeeping in relationships.
- Finally, Brent shares how to address an imbalance in an employee.
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.