BMP 018 Time Management: A 30-Minute Crash Course On The 5 Essential Skills
Time management is an essential skill to master whether you are an individual contributor, entrepreneur, or manager. In this episode of the Business Minutia Podcast, Jamie puts Brent on a timer to explain his 5 keys to managing time effectively and productively. Each of the 5 keys is allotted a 5-minute discussion.
Time management topics discussed
- First, Brent and Jamie discuss the thought behind the 30-minute crash course.
- Second, Jamie shares the rules for this episode.
- Third, Brent shares the first time management key: learning to do things you don’t want to do.
- Fourth, Brent discusses the second key: breaking tasks down by how long they take and how critical they are.
- Next, the value of taking breaks.
- Then, the third key: managing the next action.
- More specifically, what to manage on a daily basis versus a weekly basis.
- Next, the fourth key: finding your own prime time.
- More specifically, don’t let email or your phone interrupt your prime time.
- In addition, allotting time for small tasks.
- Finally, the fifth key: take time to reflect and celebrate.
Your next great listen
If you enjoyed this time management episode, you may also like How Work-Life Balance and Self-Awareness Increase Productivity with Michael Fleming.
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage and a homeschool mom of three.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.