Listen to this episode
BMP 013 Starting A Small Business: Day 1 With A New Small Business Owner, Brett Boyd
Starting a small business points covered
- First, you meet Brett Boyd. Who is he and what is his background?
- Second, we learn how he transitioned from an employee to a small business owner.
- Next, Brett shares the mental struggles that go into starting your own company.
- In addition, we learn how he leveraged his full-time job to start his side hustle.
- Then, Brett tells us how he defines success.
- Finally, we learn the current fears and concerns Brett has.
Next up in the series
This is an ongoing series where Brent Richardson and Jamie Richardson will follow Brett Boyd through each step of the small business process. Brent and Jamie will now seek experts to help Brett with his next obstacles and have him back on the show for updates and information.
If you would like to share your thoughts or offer pointers, contact us directly.
Your next great listen
If you liked this episode, you might also enjoy:
- Growing Small: Using Corporate Knowledge To Start A Small Business with Dave Borski
- Lessons From A Serial Entrepreneur with Kris Hochart
- Navigating Career Changes Fearlessly with Ken Janke
Owner, Integrity Garage Door and Gate
Brett Boyd has worked as a contractor in the garage door and gate industry for over 15 years. He’s spent the last 10 years working as an employee for one company while tackling additional jobs on the side. In July 2020, he started his own company, Integrity Garage Door and Gate. The family-owned business is his first step in making his dreams of independence a reality.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.