BMP 038 Small Business Regrets, Scaling & Time Management: A 6-Month Check-in With Brett Boyd
Small Business Regrets, Scaling, and Time Management centers on a 6-month check-in with Integrity Garage Door and Gate owner Brett Boyd. Listeners get honest commentary on the ups and downs of a young business.
Small Business Regrets and Lessons Discussed
- First, Brett shares what he loves and hates about owning his own small business.
- Second, he shares small business growing pains.
- Third, Brett tells Brent about his challenges as a salesman.
- Fourth, we dive into the need for backend growth.
- Fifth, Brett‘s biggest positive and negative surprises.
- Sixth, Brett breaks down his next big obstacles.
- Finally, we hear Brett’s business advice to himself a year ago and his kids now.
Owner, Integrity Garage Door and Gate
Brett Boyd has worked as a contractor in the garage door and gate industry for over 15 years. He’s spent the last 10 years working as an employee for one company while tackling additional jobs on the side. In July 2020, he started his own company, Integrity Garage Door and Gate. The family-owned business is his first step in making his dreams of independence a reality.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.