BMP 032 Presentation 101: The Essential Guide to Professional Presentations
Presentation 101 Keys Discussed
- Firstly, Brent shares his presentation nightmare.
- Secondly, establishing what your goals for the presentation are.
- Thirdly, be clear about what the problem statement is.
- Fourthly, the rule of three for presentations.
- Fifthly, have one key point per slide.
- Sixthly, why practice is essential.
- Seventhly, using stories and analogies.
- Eighthly, the two ways timing is essential.
- Ninthly, presentation etiquette including using a laser pointer, avoiding reading slides, and how many points should be on each slide.
- Tenthly, Brent’s presentation pet peeve.
- In addition, why you should be careful with animation, giving credit, and font size.
The Business Minutia Podcast is taking an end-of-year break to enjoy downtime with family. We will return in 2021 with a slew of new topics and follow-ups with former guests.
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage and a homeschool mom of three.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.