BMP 012 Performance Reviews: How To Prepare, What To Bring, And What To Expect
Performance reviews can feel scary. However, if you are fully prepared, performance reviews can set you on the track to success. This week, your host, Brent Richardson, and the producer, Jamie Richardson, discuss how to prepare for formal reviews at work.
Performance review topics covered
- First, Brent shares the fear associated with reviews.
- Then, you will learn how to find your strengths and weaknesses.
- Next, Brent and Jamie discuss the difference between weakness and growth areas.
- In addition, listeners learn how to align your next steps with your boss’s.
- Moreover, Brent dissects why the combination of written and verbal communication is so powerful.
- We then learn how to mentally prepare for the performance review.
- Finally, Brent and Jamie talk about the things to make sure you align on before you leave the meeting.
Your Next Great Listen
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance editor and writer for 15 years. Her work has appeared in multiple print and online publications including Dallas Morning News, Huff Post, Chicken Soup for the Soul, and Wow! Women on Writing. She is the Wonder Voyage Legacy Director where she connects investors with meaningful projects around the globe.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.