BMP 029 New Small Business Struggles: Three Months In With Brett Boyd
New small business struggles can be overwhelming. This week, Brett Boyd returns to the Business Minutia Podcast to share his learnings from his first three months in business.
New Small Business Struggles Discussed
- First, Brett shares a story about LLC naming chaos.
- Second, how Brett chose between an LLC and a corporation.
- Third, what it was like to take a vacation without a boss.
- Fourth, what Brett has learned about grouping jobs together by location.
- Fifth, lessons learned in advertising and marketing.
- Sixth, playing the long game.
- Seventh, the value of reviews.
- Eighth, Brett’s struggle with overbooking himself.
- Next, the struggle of payroll.
- In addition, questions on handling finances.
- Ninth, health insurance concerns and questions.
- Tenth, the value of having a strategy.
- Finally, Brett’s learning from his first three months.
Owner, Integrity Garage Door and Gate
Brett Boyd has worked as a contractor in the garage door and gate industry for over 15 years. He’s spent the last 10 years working as an employee for one company while tackling additional jobs on the side. In July 2020, he started his own company, Integrity Garage Door and Gate. The family-owned business is his first step in making his dreams of independence a reality.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment