BMP 041 Networking for Introverts
“Networking for Introverts” offers tips and tricks to help introverted people learn how to network more effectively. In addition, Brent and Jamie offer insight into what it feels like to be an introvert.
Networking for Introverts insights discussed
- First, Jamie’s nightmare story from high school.
- Second, Brent’s story of mistaken identity.
- Third, why networking is important even if you’re an introvert.
- Fourth, how effective networking can encourage people to stay with an employer.
- Fifth, Brent shares the art of connecting with people.
- Sixth, the underlying meaning of what introverts say and do.
- Seventh, icebreakers for introverts.
- Eighth, how to practice networking skills.
- Ninth, how asking for help can expand your network.
- Tenth, the value of efficiency.
- Eleventh, how to leverage your boss to expand your network.
- Twelfth, the strategic advantage of introverts.
- In addition, how to set boundaries as an introvert.
- Finally, the eight “Big Don’t” of networking.
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.