BMP 030 Meetings 101: The Essential Guide To Hosting A Meeting
In Meetings 101, Brent Richardson breaks down the essentials of when meetings are necessary, who to invite, when to host them, and the common mistakes people make when planning them.
Meetings 101 points discussed
- First, an intro to the BMP theme of the month: communication.
- Second, types of annoying and unnecessary meetings.
- Third, the kinds of meetings that are valuable.
- For example, why execution and check-in meetings are important.
- Moreover, when to proactively request for reviews of your work.
- Also, when are 1-0n-1 meetings necessary?
- Fourth, when an email becomes a book, it’s probably better as a meeting.
- Fifth, how to use a meeting to show appreciation to someone.
- Sixth, controversial or emotional topics are better as an email than a meeting.
- Seventh, landmine discussions.
- Eighth, how to handle brainstorming meetings.
- Ninth, don’t be surprised during a meeting.
- Tenth, be super clear about the agenda.
- Eleventh, the strategy of who needs to be invited to a meeting.
- Twelfth, when to schedule a meeting.
- In addition, how much notice to give people.
- Finally, be efficient and timely.
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage and a homeschool mom of three.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment