BMP 028 Legal Questions: Attorney Answers Small Business FAQ
Legal questions can be some of the most discouraging aspects of owning a small business. To address these concerns, this week Brent sat down with Attorney Jessica Vittorio to speedrun through some FAQs.
Legal Questions Addressed
- Firstly, who is Jessica Vittorio?
- Secondly, the impact of having small business owners as parents.
- Thirdly, how Jessica works with startups and small businesses now.
- Fourthly, proactive versus reactive decisions.
- Fifth, the difference between an LLC and a corporation.
- In addition, when and how to switch from an LLC to a corporation.
- Sixthly, the top issues Jessica runs into with small businesses.
- Seventhly, what are the primary HR concerns for startups?
- Eighthly, a warning against texting and social media interactions for employers.
- Ninthly, the biggest no-no for small business owners.
- Tenthly, NDAs for small businesses.
- Eleventh, Jessica addresses tax concerns.
- Twelfth, a quick look at copyrights, patents, and trademarks.
- Thirteenth, why documentation is essential for IP assignments.
- Moreover, what to do if you can’t afford an attorney but need one.
- Fifteenth, Jessica’s personal learnings and what she wished all small business owners knew.
Your Next Great Listen
If you enjoyed this episode, you may also like:
Jessica Vittorio is the Managing Attorney of The Law Office of Jessica Vittorio. Her practice is based in Dallas, TX and focuses on providing startups and small business owners with the insight and experience they need to properly grow their business. In addition, Jessica is active in the startup and entrepreneurial community throughout Texas and regularly helps to advise companies on formation, fundraising, M&A, governance, and other daily operational issues.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment