BMP 053 Hybrid Work Schedule: The Win-Win Guide for Employees and Managers
Hybrid Work Schedule focuses on what it looks like to return to the office. The BMP host, Brent Richardson, shares the pros and cons of remote work and how companies can use a hybrid model.
Hybrid Work Model Points Discussed
- Brent shares his experience returning to the office after working from home for a year.
- Firstly, how going back to work is like cardio.
- Secondly, the good and bad of returning to the office from an efficiency perspective.
- Thirdly, the structural differences between working from home and going to the office.
- Fourthly, battling the sense of entitlement after a year of working from home.
- Fifthly, what role does community play in working remotely versus working from the office?
- Sixthly, the difficulty of interacting with others after isolation.
- Seventhly, the challenge of what to talk about post-pandemic.
- Eighthly, the equity challenges of people returning to the office.
- Ninthly, what is a hybrid schedule?
- Tenthly, balancing in-office hours with co-workers.
- Eleventhly, how workers can start the hybrid conversation with their boss.
- Finally, why it’s essential for managers to focus on the mental health of their reports.
Author, Non-Profit Leader, and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson has worked as a freelance writer for various print and online publications including Chicken Soup for the Soul, Dallas Morning News, HuffPost, and Wow! Women on Writing. Currently, she is focusing her writing time on a non-fiction book about the perception of women’s roles in communities of faith while serving as the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.