BMP 054 Say No: How, Why, and When to Respectfully Decline
Say No walks listeners through how, why, and when to respectfully decline opportunities both personally and professionally.
Say No: Points Discussed
- First, thoughts from one of Brent‘s favorite authors, Bob Goff.
- Second, why it’s important to say no.
- Third, start by establishing your priorities.
- In addition, align your priorities with your chain of command.
- Moreover, the value of understanding where you are spending your time.
- Fourth, why keep priorities visual?
- In addition, don’t quit just because you’re bored or lazy.
- Sixth, be clear and up-front about your no.
- In addition, a tip Brent learned from working with Japan.
- Seventh, what if you really want to take on a project but don’t have time?
- Eighth, when do you explain why you’re saying no?
- Ninth, priorities are seasonal.
Author, Non-Profit Leader, and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson has worked as a freelance writer for various print and online publications including Chicken Soup for the Soul, Dallas Morning News, HuffPost, and Wow! Women on Writing. Currently, she is focusing her writing time on a non-fiction book about the perception of women’s roles in communities of faith while serving as the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.