BMP 033 How To Incubate Ideas: Three Steps To Take Your Idea From Concept to Reality
How To Incubate Ideas carries listeners through each of the three phases of the incubation process: think, know, and show. BMP podcast host, Brent Richardson, shares his lessons learned through over 20 years in a large international firm.
How To Incubate Ideas Discussion Points
- First, Jamie shares the process of incubating eggs as it relates to incubating ideas.
- Second, Brent discusses where to get new ideas.
- Third, the three stages of developing a new idea: think, know, and show.
- Fourth, how to find and nurture your creative times.
- Fifth, the initial steps of the innovation process.
- Also, Hubie Payne‘s warning about the status quo.
- Sixth, Brent breaks down Proof of Concept.
- Seventh, how incubation works in the small business world.
- Eighth, moving from Know to Show.
- Ninth, Brent shares warning about company politics within the incubation process.
- Finally, what it means if an idea fails.
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.