BMP 045 How College Failed Me
How College Failed Me focuses on the pros and cons of university education. The discussion includes: what universities fail to teach, how to supplement your education, and what you miss out on if you skip the college experience.
College Failed Me Discussion Points
- First, how college teaches you to game the system.
- Second, how college helps with worldview.
- Third, the sense of community and diversity built through the university.
- Fourth, the value of process.
- Fifth, what Brent and Jamie teach their own kids about college.
- Sixth, Jamie‘s experience with women seeking an MRS Degree.
- Seventh, the value of a gap year.
- Eighth, how college prepares you to please a boss.
- Ninth, an introduction to Imposter Syndrome.
- Tenth, college doesn’t teach you how to teach yourself.
- Eleventh, the best class Brent took in college.
- Twelfth, college fails to teach how to avoid or resolve conflict.
- Finally, college doesn’t teach organizational savvy and office politics.
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment