BMP 008 Horrible Co-Workers Part 1: Lazy, Needy, Manipulative, Chatty, and Loud
Horrible co-workers come in all shapes and sizes. This week on the Business Minutia Podcast, we break down the pros and cons of five types of horrible co-workers: Help Me Hannah, Lazy Lisa, Cunning Cate, Chatty Chad, and Loud Larry.
Horrible co-workers keys
- First, we discuss why we call Hannah, Lisa, and Cate, “the triplets,” and how to tell them apart.
- Then, Brent shares the positives of each type of co-worker.
- Next, we share the three steps to train the triplets.
- Moreover, Brent shares the last straw in dealing with Cunning Cate.
- We discuss the difference between manipulation and influence.
- Next, we move on to the two kinds of Chatty Chad or Coffee Carl and how to respond to each.
- How to structure your time to effectively deal with the triplets and Chad.
- The two kinds of Loud Larry, and how to treat each.
- In addition, we share stories from the office that illustrate the point of each.
- Finally, we hear Wesley Hirsch’s horrible co-worker story.
Your next great listen
If you liked this episode, you may also enjoy How to Fail Working From Home.
BMP Producer and Writer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance editor and writer for 15 years. Her work has appeared in multiple print and online publications including Dallas Morning News, Huff Post, Chicken Soup for the Soul, and Wow! Women on Writing.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.