BMP 015 Fletcher’s Corny Dogs: How the Texas icon is pivoting during COVID-19
Fletcher’s Corny Dogs and Big Tex are Texas icons. This year, the State Fair of Texas canceled for only the third time in its history. While customers are frustrated, we recognize that a lot of businesses that rely on Fair funds may suffer. In an effort to help small businesses learn from each other, we reached out to Aaron Fletcher at Fletcher’s Corny Dogs to see how they are pivoting to survive COVID-19.
Fletcher’s Corny Dogs pivot points
- First, Aaron shares what it was like growing up a Fletcher.
- Second, we learn how Aaron first got involved in the family business.
- Third, Aaron shares how important innovation is to the brand.
- Next, we hear about a failed attempt at a new product.
- In addition, Aaron shares where and when the idea of food trailers started.
- Moreover, Brent and Aaron discuss how other small businesses in DFW are pivoting during COVID-19.
- Finally, Aaron takes us on a culinary tour of DFW including some of his favorite restaurants.
Your next great listen
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
Fletcher's Corny Dogs Quality Control
Aaron Fletcher is the grandson of Neil Fletcher, the inventor of the corny dog. Aaron now works as Quality Control for the family-owned and operated Fletcher’s Corny Dogs.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment