BMP 047 New Job Success: The 3 Key Areas That Define Your Success in the First Year of a New Job
New Job Success focuses on the three key areas that will make or break you in your first year in a new job: learning, networking, and executing.
New Job Success Keys Discussed
- First, Brent reflects on what it means to not fluff up or cower down.
- Second, an intro to the three buckets of new job success: learning, networking, and executing.
- Third, the value of asking a lot of questions.
- Fourth, why it’s essential to adjust your attitude.
- Fifth, stretch your comfort zone and be willing to fail.
- Sixth, how and why to stretch your comfort zone.
- Seventh, the qualities to look for in a mentor.
- Eighth, why execution is important no matter how long-term the job is.
- Ninth, when and how to communicate that you don’t like your job.
- Tenth, the value of getting other people’s eyes on your work.
- Eleventh, have a monthly check-in with yourself.
- Twelfth, why quitting jobs too frequently can be a red flag.
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.