BMP 034 Find Your Why: Success Begins With A Simple Question
Find Your Why focuses on the often-overlooked first step in defining where you (or your team) want to end up. It’s easy to skip to the “where” and “how” of the journey while assuming the “why.” This week, Brent Richardson talks with Ken Janke about how that misstep can be fatal to a vision.
Find Your Why Points Discussed
- First, Ken shares the principle of the Golden Circle.
- Second, why the “why” is so vital.
- Third, how this process works with business and career.
- Fourth, Ken discusses the questions that can help you find your personal “why.”
- Fifth, Ken breaks down why it’s important to rethink your work life.
- Sixth, Brent shares his experience in not knowing what he wanted from his career.
- Seventh, the exercise to help define your vision.
- Eighth, how to empower employees through this process.
- Finally, Ken shares how often a person or business should revisit the Golden Circle.
Founder of Groundworks Inc.
Ken Janke has worked in both the corporate for-profit and the non-profit sector for 30 years. In his current role with Groundworks, he trains leaders in over 45 nations. Specifically, he helps people in their process of personal growth, providing mentoring and coaching for individuals and companies globally. In addition, he works to help people discover how to create a vocation that is less about what they do, and more about who they are.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.