BMP 020 Enneagram: A Pathway To Self-Awareness
Enneagram is a test that helps people define their key motivation and fear so they can be more productive and fulfilled. The 9 personality types have been used for centuries, but have recently made a resurgence. In this episode of BMP, Brent talks with Certified Enneagram Coach and Certified Life Coach Mary Ann Connor to better understand how this test can help people be better leaders and business owners.
Enneagram Discussion Points
- First, Mary Ann defines the difference between this and other personality tests.
- Second, we discuss why self-awareness takes courage.
- Third, Mary Ann shares how knowing your personality number can help in the business world.
- Fourth, she issues two warnings.
- Next, we dive into the Enneagrams and what each type means.
- In addition, Brent shares what his Enneagram number is and how he plans to use this new knowledge moving forward.
- Moreover, Mary Ann talks about the difference between EQ and IQ.
- Finally, Mary Ann shares where to go to get more assistance in understanding what your results mean for you.
Your Next Great Listen
If you liked this episode, you may also like:
Mary Ann Connor
Certified Enneagram Coach
Mary Ann Connor is a Certified Enneagram Coach and a Certified Life Coach. She not only coaches people one-on-one but also specializes in speaking to national organizations and teaching the Enneagram to groups of all sizes. Her career includes 15 years in the legal field as well as 16 years in full-time ministry. She is currently working for a non-profit organization that is doing terrific things in over 120 countries.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.