BMP 025 Dallas SCORE: Free Mentors And Training For Small Business Owners
Dallas SCORE is one of the best-kept secrets for small business owners. SCORE offers a vast network of trained mentors, free workshops, and support that entrepreneurs need.
SCORE is a national organization with 300 chapters and 100,000 volunteers. There are 70 mentors currently available in Dallas. These volunteer mentors are subject matter experts that are trained and then strategically assigned to entrepreneurs seeking SCORE services.
Dallas SCORE topics discussed
- First, who is Bob Barrese and what are his credentials in business?
- Second, what is SCORE?
- Third, SCORE stats and numbers.
- Fourth, what kinds of businesses does SCORE mentor?
- Fifth, how to connect with the organization.
- Sixth, Bob’s role in connecting small businesses with mentors.
- Seventh, how SCORE finds mentors.
- Eighth, what workshops are available?
- Ninth, opportunities that have arisen through COVID.
- Tenth, what long-term effects Bob expects from COVID.
- Then, the expected future of the current shift to a home-based business.
- Moreover, what separates small businesses that are failing from those that are thriving?
- In addition, personal missteps Bob made in his career.
- More specifically, the “I wish I’d done this sooner” mindset.
- Then, who are SCORE mentors and how are they trained?
- Finally, a SCORE success story: an IT worker who wanted to become a wedding planner.
Your next great listen
If you liked this episode of the Business Minutia Podcast, you may also like:
Dallas SCORE Incoming Chair
Bob Barrese has had two careers uniquely preparing him for mentoring entrepreneurs. First, an award-winning sales and management career allowed him to climb to the highest level of one of the nation’s largest companies. His second career involved work with large corporations, associations, and affinity groups to create 25 alternative insurance
companies in diverse industries. At SCORE Dallas, Bob has mentored several hundred entrepreneurs and had the
distinct pleasure of attending business openings and watching milestones surpassed.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment