BMP 016 Dallas Forward: Helping DFW Become a National Leader in Economic Recovery
The pandemic massively disrupted the economy. As a result, Mayor Eric Johnson created an initiative called Dallas Forward. Specifically, it connects small businesses with free resources to help them survive COVID-19. In BMP 016, Brent interviews the initiative’s leader, Kelvin Walker. In it, Kelvin shares stats on how bad the situation is in the metroplex, the aid available to small businesses, and what the long-term impact is on all of DFW.
Dallas Forward highlights
- First, Kelvin shares his story.
- Second, Kelvin introduces Brent to what the Dallas Citizens Council is.
- Next, we learn how the pandemic changed the Citizen Council’s plan for 2020.
- In addition, Kelvin shares his initial thoughts on the pandemic.
- Then, Kelvin and Brent discuss COVID-19’s effect on small businesses.
- Moreover, we learn about the free coaching and resources the initiative offers.
- In addition, Kelvin shares the pivot strategies some small businesses have taken.
- Next, Kelvin breaks down the stats on how the pandemic has impacted the metroplex.
- Finally, we learn how small businesses impact the overall economy.
Your next great listen
If you enjoyed this episode, you may also like Fletcher’s Corny Dogs: How the Texas icon is pivoting during COVID-19 with Aaron Fletcher.
Dallas Citizens Council CEO
Kelvin Walker is the Chief Executive Officer of Dallas Citizens Council. The Council is comprised of the area’s CEOs and top business leaders who provide guidance on the policy issues that will move Dallas forward and serve in the moments that matter the most for the city.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.