BMP 048 Corporate Toolbox: 5 Essential Tools to Succeed in Business
In Corporate Toolbox, the Business Minutia team shares the five skills needed for corporate success: communication, time management, self-awareness, people skills, and a willingness to learn. Each tool is linked to previous episodes.
Corporate Toolbox Keys Discussed
- Firstly, an overview of the five essential tools.
- Secondly, why communication is the first skill for the toolbox.
- Thirdly, communication episodes to consider: Emails, Meetings, and Presentations.
- Fourthly, the value of time management.
- Fifthly, adding relationship agility to your toolbox.
- Sixthly, episodes to sharpen this skill: Horrible Co-Workers 1 and 2, Bad Bosses, Networking for Introverts, Networking for Extroverts, Conflict Resolution, HR, and Systemic Racism.
- Seventhly, the value of adding self-awareness to your toolbox.
- Eighthly, episodes to sharpen this skill: Enneagrams, Navigating Career Changes, Pursuing Feedback, Why am I Here, and When to Leave.
- Ninthly, you need to maintain a growth mindset.
- Tenthly, episodes to sharpen this skill: Continuing Education, How College Failed Me, and Incubating Ideas.
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. Also, she is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.