BMP 052 Elevator Pitch: Why, How, and When to Develop a Corporate Elevator Pitch
Elevator Pitch walks listeners through why, how, and when to develop a corporate elevator pitch. The episode includes pointers to keep in mind and pitfalls to be aware of.
Elevator Pitch Points Discussed
- Firstly, what is an elevator pitch?
- Secondly, how the pitch can become a coffee pot pitch.
- Thirdly, why it is essential to know the listener’s agenda.
- Fourthly, what goes into the pitch?
- Fifthly, Brent and Jamie share how these ideas can help you beyond the actual pitch.
- Sixthly, how visual cues in your workspace can help you practice.
- Seventhly, how to use a question to start your pitch.
- Eighthly, how a shocking fact can start your pitch.
- Ninthly, how a relatable question and shocking fact can work together.
- Tenthly, how the front page of the newspaper idea can help you develop your pitch.
- Eleventhly, make sure you leave a thread to pull.
- Twelfthly, how the rule of three works with elevator pitches.
- Next, the five things that can go wrong and how to address each.
Author, Non-Profit Leader, and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson has worked as a freelance writer for various print and online publications including Chicken Soup for the Soul, Dallas Morning News, HuffPost, and Wow! Women on Writing. Currently, she is focusing her writing time on a non-fiction book about spiritually-wounded women while serving as the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.