BMP 049 How To Connect With Anyone
How to Connect With Anyone focuses on the keys to relating to anyone in less than 5 minutes. In this episode, Brent Richardson breaks down the tricks he’s learned to gain authentic connections with people within just a few minutes of being with them.
How to Connect points discussed
- First, how much to listen versus speaking.
- Second, why it’s essential to connect with people beyond the purpose of the meeting.
- Third, good small talk options.
- Fourth, how to know which threads to pull to get a person to talk.
- In addition, what happened when Brent pulled a thread he wished he hadn’t.
- Fifth, how to use self-deprecation to connect with people.
- Sixth, when to share the areas in which you are an expert.
- Seventh, what Brent does when he fails to connect with someone.
- Eighth, how to get people off mute on a conference call.
- Ninth, the challenges of connecting with people when the meeting isn’t yours.
- Tenth, how to read a person’s avatar.
- Eleventh, the problem with using humor to connect with people.
- In addition, how to keep icebreakers fresh.
- Finally, the value of diversity within your network.
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. Also, she is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.