BMP 046 Conflict Resolution
In Conflict Resolution, podcast host Brent Richardson walks professionals through the three stages of resolving a dispute: gathering information, refocusing on the problem statement, and peaceful follow-up.
Conflict Resolution Points Discussed
- First, Brent shares what the goal of conflict resolution should be.
- Second, how to gather information to discover the root cause of the conflict.
- Third, to find the problem statement, it is essential to focus on isolation and an aligned goal.
- Fourth, ask clarifying questions.
- Fifth, Brent shares why it’s important to take the high road.
- Sixth, both parties have to be ready to solve the problem.
- Seventh, refocus the conflicting parties on the aligned goal.
- Eighth, filter your thoughts before you speak.
- Ninth, find value in each person involved in the conflict.
- Tenth, acknowledge each person’s thoughts.
- Eleventh, if you are a manager, don’t neglect the who issues.
- Finally, continue to extend an olive branch.
Freelance Writer and BMP Producer
Jamie Richardson is the Business Minutia Podcast producer and has worked as a freelance writer and editor for 15 years. She is the Legacy Director for Wonder Voyage.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment