BMP 026 Company Reorg: What To Expect When Your Business Restructures
A company reorg can be scary. In this week’s episode, Brent Richardson shares how to take the fear out of business restructure, what steps to take when the announcement is made, and how to keep yourself from being caught off guard in the future.
Company Reorg Topics Discussed
- First, how Blockbuster relates to org changes.
- Second, fear of org changes.
- Third, small business vs big business org changes.
- Fourth, recognize that it isn’t personal.
- Fifth, look at your job like you do your retirement plan.
- Next, what if you don’t want to lose what you’re working on?
- Sixth, get over the denial quickly.
- Seventh, dealing with the thoughts and fears that come from org changes.
- Eighth, the cultural effects within organizations after frequent org changes.
- Ninth, are acquisitions different from traditional org changes?
- Pro Tip: Good networking can help you know a reorg is coming.
- Tenth, why Brent likes changes now.
- Moreover, why people whose identity are tied to a job title struggle the most.
- In addition, realizations that can come from reorgs.
- Eleventh, advice for new hires.
- Also, how do you network while working from home?
- Moreover, reorgs that wound up as demotions for Brent.
- Then, how Jamie deals with change.
- Finally, how Brent deals with change.
Your Next Great Listen
If you liked this episode, you may also like:
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.