BMP 019 Business Tenacity: Entrepreneur Overhauls Business Model Amid COVID-19
Business success requires tenacity. Kathy Fielder is a prime example of grit in action. When COVID-19 hit, she knew she could see it through lenses of fear or opportunity. She elected opportunity. In three weeks, Kathy shifted her home decor and fashion businesses from brick and mortar sales to online. Additionally, she navigated international politics to import PPE and became a prime distributor within DFW.
In BMP 019, she shares some of the secrets to her successful pivot.
Business Tenacity Keys Discussed
- First, Kathy shares why small and medium-sized businesses are essential.
- Second, she shares her background as a serial entrepreneur.
- Third, Kathy discusses how COVID-19 initially impacted her businesses.
- Fourth, listeners learn where Kathy’s “opportunity mindset” originated.
- Fifth, Kathy gets into the politics of masks.
- Next, she describes the initial pushback on charging for masks.
- Then, Kathy shares her success and background prior to COVID-19.
- In addition, listeners learn how Kathy became an expert in mask certification.
- More specifically, Kathy shares the amazing number of masks she imported and sold.
- Next, Kathy discusses business pivots including online sales.
- Moreover, she shares her thoughts on the future of manufacturing post-COVID-19.
- In addition, Kathy discusses her own vision for the future.
- Finally, Kathy shares her key to building resilience.
Your Next Great Listen
If you liked this episode, you may also like:
- Confession of a Business Owner
- Fletcher’s Corny Dogs
- Lessons from a Serial Entrepreneur
- Navigating Career Changes Fearlessly
Kathy Fielder Boutique
Dallas-based Kathy Fielder owns two companies: Kathy Fielder Boutique and Isabella Collection by Kathy Fielder. When COVID-19 hit, her tenacity helped her navigate international politics to bring in crucial PPE products for frontline defenders and 3-ply disposable masks for medical workers and the general public’s use.
Business Minutia Podcast
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment