Business Minutia is a podcast about the details of business that are passed over by traditional classes and leadership training. We focus on the stories of real people who have tried, failed, and learned through their experiences, and who are willing to share their lessons with others.
Brent Richardson is the owner, operator, and interviewer for Business Minutia. He has worked in an international engineering company since 2000. During that time, he has also served as a youth pastor and worked for a non-profit both as an adventure travel leader on youth pilgrimages and as a board member. He believes that the training he has received in leading volunteers has helped him in the corporate world as well.
Business Minutia melds these two worlds together as interviewees are pulled from all walks of life including:
- A solo entrepreneur who lost $750,000 in one bad deal and is willing to share lessons learned
- A million-dollar non-profit CEO who shares the value of storytelling to help a company grow
- A corporate chaplain who shares the value of work-life balance and how, when the home half is struggling, the work part suffers too
- A former HR rep who shares the impact of the #metoo movement on corporate America
- A former corporate engineer who left a large firm to start his own business and then sold his services back to large firms
- A visionary who has started and sold his own startups and now has a company that helps leaders define themselves, not in what they do, but in who they are
Check out the latest episodes of Business Minutia each week. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram, or contact us directly if you have an idea for an upcoming podcast you’d like us to consider.
Sign Up To Stay
In The Loop
Our newsletter sends the latest news and guest insights straight to your inbox.